Wednesday, March 16, 2011

To My Dear Friends

I won't tell you WHO, exactly, I'm talking about, but someone very close to me is having the time of his life with unabashedly, unapologetically, and more than likely inappropriate abandonment, and about that, I feel JOY.

Friends, let's remember one thing:  today is the only day we have.  With the grace of God, we hope to have tomorrow, but as we know from the unspeakable tragedies that we are witnessing in Japan hour-by-hour,  there is no guarantee.

Today, treat yourself with dignity and respect.  Make yourself proud of you.  Live your life with integrity and honesty.  Don't disregard your health.  Don't choose anything--substance or behavior--that you KNOW is going to make you feel ashamed or guilty about later...

When you lay your head on the pillow tonight, will you be able to say, "Well done?"

What's that old saying about character?  "Character is how you behave when nobody is watching..."

And if you get a chance, I hope you dance.......

1 comment: