Friday, January 28, 2011

Bum-around Special

While I work on my next blog on fats, I want to post a few links that I have thoroughly enjoyed.

I told you about the iPhone app called MyNetDiary.  While I still love my Moleskin, (I mean who doesn't love Moleskin, right?) I must admit having the food journal on my phone makes a lot of sense, because I have my phone with me always.

Next, there's a hungrygirl.com and I may be the only person on earth who hadn't heard of her.  Last weekend I was sitting on my yummy couch watching Netflix (you DO know Netflix, yes?  OMG--Mr. Netflix is very very sorry he is only charging me 10 bux a month.  I'm in Season 3 of the Tudors.  Wow.)  when a cooking channel show came on called Hungry Girl, and she caught my eye because she was doing a "swap" for chips.  Definitely one of my red light foods.  Anyway, long story short, I googled her, (you realize of course that the word "google" has replaced the word "research?) and up popped all SORTS of links.  She even does a daily email!  And it's a good source for recipes.  She recommends brands and "finds" and keeps your interest for new stuff pretty peaked.  I'm definitely a fan.  (By the way--her two "swaps" for chips are baked KALE, and baked PASHMA.  One whole sheet of this pashma business is only 200 calories and she swears they bake up crispy and taste good with salsa.  I've got the nicest man in the world on the hunt for pashma on his Central Market adventures. (He's nice, he's cute AND he loves to explore grocery stores!  How lucky am I?)

Finally, I am humbled and tickled that I have a few dear friends reading this.  My technology guru, Kelsey quietly and sweetly convinced me that I should Twitter, so I am. Apparently, if I post this on twitter and you're following me, you'll get a tweet and be able to find it easier.  So my twitter address is @alicia_haley.  I would love to have yours because this Twitter thing is very intriguing and interesting, and touches my nosy rosy nerve like no other!

Finally, finally, I'm bragging here, but my practically perfect daughter is blogging as well, and it's a great little read, filled with pictures and recipes...If you'd like, you can peek at tworecipes.blogspot.com.  We're toying with the idea of being each other's "guest blogger!"  

Have a great weekend folks!  Happy Birthday to two of my favorites, Lana and Jenna!

No comments:

Post a Comment